"I dream of a hard and brutal mysticism in which the naked self merges with the nonhuman world and somehow survives...Paradox and bedrock."-Edward Abbey

10 August 2010

Snapshots From Beyond the End of the World



Something I came across. I would looooooooooooove to have this sign hanging from my front fence...




An art shot of the House of Owls and Bats, taken about a half hour before the sun went behind the northern rim of the valley.






Our potatoes are sprouting! This fills me with joy. There's a possibility some of our other seedlings may yet yield something, but it remains to be seen.




The Grumpy Old Men hanging out by the folly whilst yard work was being done. I am happy to see how well they've adjusted to life here in the pointylands.




Milarepa looking quiet majestic.



Luna and her brood; Astrid [right], Shuja [middle], and Eva [that dark spot closest to Luna's head, she has spooky-crazy eyes].



Pandora, the weasel-r't I helped my companion rescue back in the late autumn. Sabina constantly tells me that Pandora is my ferret.


Were I the type to complain, I'd bitch about not having a more steady source of paper, my house, and definitely my kitchen being a little too small, and just not having enough time, it seems. However, I am not the type to complain. This is what makes it interesting. The above stated things are snags and inconveniences, to be sure, but nothing ever goes quite according to plan.

Then again, my favorite joke states a cosmic truth; the quickest way to make [a] god laugh is to have a plan...

I live in a one-hundred thirty year old house in the mountains of Colorado, in the very township that drew me up here in the first place, with the woman I wanted to spend my life with, that I didn't have to bribe or use roofies and duct tape on. My daughter is fucking magic. Although it is cliche, I am living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment