"I dream of a hard and brutal mysticism in which the naked self merges with the nonhuman world and somehow survives...Paradox and bedrock."-Edward Abbey

24 August 2016

A Case of Mistake-Jem Identity

Sooo, at a meeting regarding county trail maintenance and interpretive signage, the executive assistant to the commissioners called me a jem. Me.
This is a true story as told by a preservationist of my acquaintance and admiration. I inclined my head respectively in thanks, the whole time thinking they've got me mixed up with some other tall lanky bastard who likes to play outside.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like somebody might be setting you up..........compliments are often followed by "Oh, and would you mind doing......"
    It's nice to be fancied, though.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, depending upon the context, one might find themselves disappointed in said setup...

      Delete
  2. Step to hell. Yeah. Fear I've taken that one long ago, back before Nixon, etc. I despise these people, those who would vote for trump, with the heat of a volcano.
    Man, I would have like to have thought, back when I was your age, that things would be different when I was in my seventies.
    It makes me look differently at nuts, or what I thought were nuts, differently.

    cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนัง Animation

    ReplyDelete