"I dream of a hard and brutal mysticism in which the naked self merges with the nonhuman world and somehow survives...Paradox and bedrock."-Edward Abbey

12 July 2016

Fun Facts About the Leadville Boneyard

We were speaking of roadtrips and fun places to go. Leadville came up, because we both think it's a funky little 'berg, because you gotta have the funk. I mentioned having picnics in the town's cemetery with a bottle of wine, which was lauded as a good idea. Although, when I mentioned people were just dying to get to the cemetery, I was greeted with a groan and an eyeroll, and I don't know why.

"Of course, the people across the street from the cemetery can't be buried there," I said.

"Really? Why?"

"Because they ain't dead yet," I replied.

"Goddamnit," She snorted, burying her face in her hands, "I have no words."

A sociopath, or, perhaps a sadistic man, would have found glee in her reaction. Of course I am neither. Aren't you thankful?

8 comments:

  1. Clearly the woman is a saint.
    Are there any 'famous' people buried there? My youngest likes to take a bottle of wine to the cemetery in Seattle and hoist a glass to Jimi occasionally.
    Pictures of Leadville look a little like Butte.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know of her status of canonization, nor do I understand why that's relevant...

      Someone named Texas Jack Omohundro, but otherwise, no one springs to mind. It is an interesting cemetery. Rather forlorn in places. Not as forgotten as Riverside, down in Denver, but close.

      Delete
  2. So your joke...fell dead?

    (snort!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three months later and it was still funny. *chuckle* And yes, she's a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly the woman is a saint.


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is awesome and very informative keep Sharing this type of blog.

    หนัง Animation

    ReplyDelete