"I dream of a hard and brutal mysticism in which the naked self merges with the nonhuman world and somehow survives...Paradox and bedrock."-Edward Abbey

24 April 2011

Hymn

Another old poetic attempt. The gypsy recently reminded me of this one via correspondence, telling me how I had given her copy and it strangely sustained her during a sojourn in Nevada...

Teach me to speak
in the riddle tongue of dragons,
Show me that twilight path
between light and shadow,
The middle path-
Where the angelic and demonic
work in concert,
Not conflict
Give me the strength and insight-
To see the true road
to behold and understand all things,
Do not let any tiny drops of monkey's blood
poison or blind my freshly opening third eye -8, June 2004CE/Year of the Monkey, 4702

2 comments:

  1. Of course it sustained her. It's just almost a prayer. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Although it is said almost only counts in horseshoes, hand gernades, and thermonuculear war, in this context, I am quite okay with almost.

    ReplyDelete