"I dream of a hard and brutal mysticism in which the naked self merges with the nonhuman world and somehow survives...Paradox and bedrock."-Edward Abbey

13 May 2010

Resonant Tunage

There are memories with this;





Some, go back to childhood. Back around when I saw the very first Star Wars film and it was amazing and magical. It was summer and I remember my parents drinking beer and chatting with friends whilst the song played on the radio. I was sitting in the back of silver pick up with my dog at the time.

More recently, I recall coming back from getting things for the first home cooked meal at the House of Owls and Bats. I was still in shock and awe that we had pulled off not only moving to the mountains, but to the very township we wanted to reach. I kept thinking I would wake from a dream and find myself back in the city, still fettered to a past life.

This song came on the radio, and she began to sing along flawlessly. I've always enjoyed hearing her sing. She told me she liked the harmonies, whilst I told her of remembering the tune from childhood.

It reminds me of both now; childhood and those first days living in the mountains with her. I suppose it fits, after all, her big doe eyes, which shine like abalone shells, are blue. One of those small ironies that gets me to smile.

Funny old fucking world...

No comments:

Post a Comment