"I dream of a hard and brutal mysticism in which the naked self merges with the nonhuman world and somehow survives...Paradox and bedrock."-Edward Abbey

10 April 2010

Homecoming Anniversary



A shot of my personal Kilimanjaro...

It comes up on our homecoming anniversary. What a wild ride we've had. One I'd not trade for godhood. It's been a couple of years now that we've lived in our Kashmir, after stumbling upon it, almost by accident.

My daughter and I went for a walkabout along the Notch. Being along north-facing slopes, there was still snow. In places, at least knee deep. But walkabouts like that remind me why over the last few years I stopped smoking and my alcohol consumption has dropped to the levels it was six or seven years ago. Why when I take in the views of towering peaks and grand rock formations, I see, hear, and feel the Divine.

I truly enjoy this and don't want to miss a moment of it. Here is where we belong, there is no doubt. This is our Kashmir.

No comments:

Post a Comment